旅館大村屋（伊能忠敬本陣）跡ほか Site of Ryokan Oomuraya (lodging where Tadataka Ino stayed), etc.
In the mid-Edo period and afterwards, Ryokan Oomuraya enjoyed the premium location because it was conveniently located just in front of the hot spring bath operated by the Domain and it offered a great view of the Ureshino River and the steam rising up from the hot spring inside the river.
Nampo Ota (1749-1823), a gesaku writer and poet, wrote his songs from here, and the team of Tadataka Ino (1745-1818), who made the first maps based on actual measurements in Japan, also stayed here.
-Remainder of Matoba Watashi
During the Edo period, the only streets passing Ureshino-shuku were the Nagasaki Kaido, which ran across the post town in a north-south direction, and another, which intersected the former at a right angle and connected Zuikoji Temple and the hot spring bath operated by the Domain.
The Ureshino River did not have any bridge connecting the east and west shores, and the only way to cross it to the east shore was to go over the steppingstones at Matoba Watashi.
These stones remained until slightly after 1887, even after the bridge was built.
(Near present Oomuraya)